Friday, May 18, 2012

God quote on a canvas

I loved this project.  I made it for a friend who was getting sad because all her cousins are getting married this summer and she has yet to have a boyfriend.  She belongs to a different faith, but no matter what, we still believe in and pray to the same God. 

What you need:
  • Paint (whatever color you want the background to be)
  • Fake flowers (optional)
  • Buttons or jewels (optional)
  • Vinyl and/or paint for words
  • Hot glue gun and glue sticks
  • paint brushes
  • Canvas

How to:
  • Paint the canvas (I painted it gray and did about 3 paint coats)...Let dry
  • I had "God" and "Faith" done in vinyl and I put that on.
  • Then I lightly traced the quote on the canvas with a pencil.  Once I liked it, I began to paint over the pencil.
  • You can use a paint brush to paint the words, or you can use all vinyl.  
  • Don't laugh, but I used the end of a plastic stir stick to write the quote with white paint.I'm not going to lie, it took awhile.  But it was well worth it.  Let it dry!
  • I then put the flowers on the canvas and decided how I liked it. Once I figured out how I wanted the flowers, I used a glue gun to put the flowers on the canvas.
  • Then I put the cutest buttons that are clear with glitter in them, in the middle of the flowers.  
Voilà!  You're done!  =)





No comments:

Post a Comment